Monday, April 4, 2011

BE FREE. *Wisdom From Yan Yuzon

Last Saturday to my utter amazement I saw Pupil perform their songs in flesh. Now I must admit that I am not a big fan of the band. But who would resist the opportunity of seeing Ely Buendia and Yanny Yuzon?

Then here's the catch. I brought my Fruitcake book with me in hopes that Ely would sign it. But after seeing an Eheads fan insisting Ely to sign the same book and Ely cursing "Putang Ina" as he does, I resolved not to offend Ely anymore. Instead I brought out my other book, and of all a tragedy, Wuthering Heights.

Of course I seem weird to the Pupil members. Yanny upon seeing the book asked, "Ano to?" and Wendell , "Kaylangan ba to?" I answered each with "Para ka kasing si Heathcliff." I even made them pose holding the book instead of the CD as I took pictures of us.

Book signing: Yan Yuzon, guitarist of Pupil, poses with the blogger holding
the infamous Wuthering Heights.

After two days of such a bliss I took out the book to examine their autographs. There's "Dok", "Be Free", "Ely" and "Live Well... Wendell". The four are alright. Then it was my turn to curse, "Puteng Iney sinulat ni Yanny 'Be Free'?".

Then it hit me.

Be.  Free. Two words. It's like when sometimes two or even one word when directly addressed to you especially from a rockstar seems so much more to you than what they actually convey. They suddenly become powerful tools for motivating yourself. "Be Free" hit me because I am myself a slave of my own follies.

Be Free but then in what sense?

To live with no boundaries.
To be free of effin' conventions.
To be free of anguish.
To laugh at silly things without apologies.
To believe in God based from your own perception of religion.
To be free in spite of anyone.
To be free in spite of everything.
To be free just because.

These things or thoughts,  are for me what Yan Yuzon's "Be Free" message conveys. He couldn't have written anything as beautiful as that and now my uncared weather beaten copy of Wuthering Heights is priceless because of that. Not to mention the autographs of the other three.

Be Free. This is my mantra.

Be Free.
Dominion is over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment